short to story
With around 835,000 insured persons, the Sanitas Group is one of the leading health insurers in Switzerland. Sanitas offers needs-based solutions for private individuals and companies in both compulsory basic insurance and supplementary insurance.
The Sanitas business model is being comprehensively digitalized. The needs of customers are met with more individualized offers. Such offers are implemented together with a closely networked ecosystem of internal and external sales partners. Sanitas systematically uses data analytics along the entire value chain to manage all business processes in a customer-oriented way.
Goals & challenges
In the overall "Customer Relationship Management" (CRM) project, the BSI CRM system is being introduced as an important foundation for the digital business model. The close integration with the DWH enables a 360° customer view in the new and powerful CRM as well as comprehensive complaint, lead and campaign management. Consultations, lead and sales processes can be made more customer-friendly and efficient.
The "KBM Analytics" and "Lead Management" sub-projects have these goals:
- Empowering subject matter experts with analytical capabilities to evaluate CRM data in a user-friendly way and monitor processes and objectives
- Implementation of complex sets of rules in the DWH as triggers that initiate individualized customer interactions in CRM
- Integration of the new information and data flows into the Sanitas system landscape
- Development of a framework for automated multi-channel sales management
- Development of a cross-system sales funnel and campaign reporting system that serves as a planning, management and controlling tool for various areas (sales, customer experience, marketing, channel management and call center)
Requirements for the project:
- Integration of CRM data into the company-wide DWH and the business intelligence platform
- Development of standard reporting for all relevant data areas of CRM (MicroStrategy)
- Implementation of extensive business logic to link cross-system data areas for efficient complaint, lead, production value and campaign reporting
- Calculation of triggers, alerts and control events in the DWH for further processing in CRM
- Creation of a closed-loop DWH/CRM: Data from the CRM or other systems is processed in the DWH using sets of rules and initiates individualized triggers that automatically control customer interactions in the CRM. The data feedback from the CRM to the DWH enables success monitoring and feedback evaluation and, if necessary, the calculation of further individual events
- Development of robust, standardized and maintenance-friendly data flows and interfaces
- Flexibility and easy expandability of configurations, rules, events, lead types, campaigns and sales channels
Rules in the DWH complement the capabilities of the CRM:
- Individualized, timely and relevant customer approach and control of the lead and sales process
- The DWH calculates more than 80 fully automated event triggers (partly through complex sets of rules), which trigger customer group-specific business transactions, interactions or marketing campaigns in CRM
- The DWH calculates more than 110 customer potentials, which help the customer advisors in CRM in the conversation guide. The generic interface for potentials allows the department to define new potentials autonomously and without IT adjustments and to publish them in CRM
- Complex key figure calculations are prepared in the DWH and transferred to the CRM cockpit via a generic interface and displayed to the service consultants
- Calculation of a lead score and other customer indicators for controlling CRM processes
- A well thought-out solution concept for lead management with the components lead quality, master data management, lead forwarding, lead score, lead logic and lead reporting
- Interlocking of DWH and CRM functionality for optimized data flows with clear responsibilities
Advanced BI functionality in the DWH for analysts and business users:
- The BI platform has been expanded to include many new CRM analysis areas, e.g. business transactions, marketing campaigns, customer contacts, complaints, 360° customer view, service consulting
- More than 250 attributes and 130 quality-assured metrics are available to power users, e.g. for analyzing throughput times and sales channel analyses
- Flexible master reports are a tool for business users to carry out “guided ad-hoc reporting” themselves
- Cross-system analysis of the sales process from lead, quotation, application to closing
- Quantitative and qualitative sales indicators for performance measurement and forecasting
- Simple selection of target groups for marketing campaigns via customer characteristics
- Establishment of closed-loop data flows for feedback cycles
delivery / conclusion
The well thought-out interaction between CRM and DWH combined the core competencies of the CRM system with the strengths of the DWH, resulting in a comprehensive, pragmatic and powerful overall solution.
The constructive problem-solving and close collaboration between the internal project teams, specialist departments and synvert saracus was crucial to the successful implementation and introduction. In addition to the benefits already generated, an optimal basis was created for further innovations.